Saturday, October 2, 2010

Hand Embroidery - Pearl Stitch Tutorial

Pearl Stitch has been always one of my favourite hand embroidery stitch types. I had noticed this stitch when I was a kid on an embroidery, which one of my sister-in- law was working on. I was amazed at the look and feel of the stitch. There was no google when I was growing up :(, so self learning was very difficult. Inspite of trying my hand at this stitch many times, I could never got it right then :). Now as I am all grown up and with the help of google, I have learnt the right way of pearl stitch. A small tutorial for newbies in hand embroidery. Write to me in case if you need more help:








Step 1:






















Step 2:























Step 3:
In this step, make sure the needle is pulled under the working thread























Step 4:
And in this step, the working thread should be below the needle when the needle is pulled

6 comments:

Mahalakshmi said...

This stitch is really beautiful.Your work is also very neat.

Dolly laishram said...

thanks. I love hand embroidery but does not get much time due to my hectic schedule.

Dolly laishram said...

thanks. I love hand embroidery but does not get much time due to my hectic schedule.

Embroidery oklahoma city said...

Thanks for giving information about this stitch.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.