Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Amigurumi....

Amigurumi- Amigurumi is the Japanese art of crocheting small animals or toys. The dolls are done in single crochet in the round. The rounds are never joined, instead being worked in a spiral. Amigurumi are made up of parts that are crocheted, stuffed, and sewn together. The parts are usually an over-sized round head, a cylindrical body, arms and legs, ears, tail (if needed) and embellishments. Sometimes, felt is used to create the ears, face, or nose. Felt can also make some pretty cute embellishments.

I have just starting this art of making toys by crocheting, my first project was the tortoise..I am now making a gollo mollo..I don't know what it is and how its going to turn out. I have made a body, a tail, 2 ears and 2 hands and a tummy...
I think..I have used a smaller hook and thats the reason its looking a little stiff..anyways..learning on the way. I still have to find eyes and cotton to stuff. After the final touchover..I will upload the pic soon...Keep waiting..
I am not going to upload the pic. The finish product is gifted before I realiase I still have to click a pic to share here...

No comments: